• 20 racing yards open to the public on Sunday 13 September
• Visitors have a unique opportunity to explore Jack Berry House
Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) is pleased to announce it will be the headline sponsor for Malton Stables Open Day for 2015 and 2016.
The popular event will take place on 13 September and will see 20 racing yards opening to the public between 9am and 1pm, as well as a host of other exciting activities throughout the day. A park and ride system will operate from Malton Market place to the racing yards with outlying yards providing free parking for visitors that will be clearly signposted on the day.
Visitors will have a unique opportunity to explore Jack Berry House which will be open between 10am and 2pm. Visitors can take a look the superb facilities which include a state-of-the-art gym, hydrotherapy pool and associated respite units. There will be events taking place throughout the morning including a Jockey Gym Challenge as well as the opportunity to meet Jack Berry.
In addition there will be a host of other entertainments throughout the day including:
• The chance to have a fascinating insight into equine medicine by dropping into Rainbow Equine Hospital, one of the largest specialist equine only veterinary practices in the North of England;
• Visiting Racing Welfare’s accommodation at Old Maltongate. The new facility houses six bedrooms, a communal lounge, kitchen and bathrooms as well as an office for the charity’s regional welfare officers. Racing Welfare’s accommodation and the Rainbow Equine Hospital will be open between 10am and 2pm;
• Yard based demonstrations including from Retraining of Racehorses; and
• Enjoying an exciting pony racing exhibition and Jockey Jumping relay taking place at the gallops off Langton Road in the afternoon. Young stars of the future will team up with the professionals of today in a jumping relay race which promises to be both thrilling and entertaining.
To launch this year’s Open Day Malton Racing Association and Wildcard Racing Syndicate are offering a superb competition prize to one lucky winner of a year’s membership of a racing syndicate. Full details can be found at: www.maltonstablesopenday.co.uk
Malton Stables Open Day Chairman, Tim Fitzgerald, said: “The 2015 Malton Stables Open Day looks set to be the best yet. We look forward to welcoming visitors to showcase Malton and the important part the town plays in the fabric of British Racing. We are delighted to have the support of ARC and others in racing. I would like to personally thank all our supporters and the trainers and their staff who all make the day possible. I hope we can all enjoy a fantastic day and raise lots of money for four great causes – Jack Berry House, Racing Welfare, the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and the Malton & Norton District Hospital League of Friends.”
ARC Director of External Affairs, Susannah Gill, said: “ARC is thrilled to be supporting Malton Stables Open Day for both 2015 and 2016. The event is a wonderful opportunity for people to have a fascinating insight into the world of the racehorse and help gain a better understanding of how racing works which in turn ensures the sport can gain more fans in the future. We hope everyone who visits Malton has a really wonderful time.”
Tickets can be purchased on the day from Malton Market place and the stable yards. Tickets cost £10 per person, children under 12 are admitted free. For full details please check Facebook, twitter @maltonopenday and www.maltonstablesopenday.co.uk.
For further information please contact:
Malton Stables Open Day
Mobile: 07974 008 337