Contract: Permanent/Full time
Key Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, 22 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays), benefits
Hours of work: Full time position 40 hours per week based on working 5 days out of 7
Purpose of the role: The recruitment, training and on-going welfare of casual catering staff during race day and non-race day events. To ensure the labour budgets are adhered to and that the staff requirements are scheduled correctly.
Key objectives and responsibilities:
To assist in the recruitment of casual staff, involving planning and promoting recruitment open days, liaising with Marketing to maintain the brand image. Attending local jobs fairs and meeting with universities etc. to widen the pool of staff.
To arrange and assist with Induction training (alongside Catering GM and Ops Manager) and ensure that all staff are trained in terms of legal requirements including, Cossh, Health and Safety, Food Safety and fire evacuation procedures in addition to specific job training i.e. Barista, silver service etc.
- To contact and form working relationships with a variety of agencies, regularly reviewing pricing and competitiveness whilst ensuring they meet the Uttoxeter SLA agreement.
Planning Race days and Events
- To liaise with the Catering GM and Head Chef regarding staffing numbers required for events/race days whilst ensuring the budget for labour is adhered to and the staff are placed appropriately across the course.
- Capture the requirement for staff for set up and post-race day clean-up operations and maintain the cost within the labour budget.
- To promote work on social media (closed Facebook group) and texts through 2urgo to fill positions, followed by a confirmation of work text message.
Payroll and Financial
- Ensure that casual hours are sent to payroll on a weekly basis for non-raceday events and prep.
- Raceday payroll to be submitted to the site Asst FC within the following week after racing.
- To liase with staff/payroll regarding any wage queries.
- Ensure that purchase orders are raised and logged in an accurate and timely manner for all invoice staff and agency labour.
- To adhere to the labour budget as issued in the ARC budget pack
- Place orders for additional uniform as and when required
- Issue uniform to casual staff including name badges
- Responsible for ensuring uniform is washed and ironed following racedays.
- Prepare raceday briefing packs and job cards for staff
- Produce briefing/learning documentation regarding payroll and staff requirements for review the following year (includes write up of event)
- Maintain personnel files for all casuals ensuring he legal paperwork is included ie right to work etc
- Issue job cards/uniform on racedays and check staff in/out
- Lease with Head chef regarding staff lunches numbers
- On a raceday, review constantly staff numbers and move/send home staff to cope with the customer numbers (including agency)
- Assist other courses within the group on large events ie Leger/Welsh National
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 years experience in a similar position, with strong computer skills. They will have high levels of interpersonal, leadership, and influencing skills. They will be customer service focused and an excellent communicator, who is self-motivated and organised.
How to Apply:
Please apply online or alternatively send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing current salary expectations to Jo Craven at Uttoxeter Racecourse, Woods lane, Staffordshire, ST14 8BD or email, firstname.lastname@example.org