About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Housekeeping Manager will provide an exceptional level of cleanliness standard across all areas of Newcastle Racecourse, and High Gosforth Park. Leading the Housekeeping team to ensure the site is maintained at an agreed quality and standard for all guests and visitors.
- To ensure all public areas and buildings within Newcastle Racecourse are cleaned and maintained to an agreed standard and presentation.
- To successfully undertake and complete all of your main duties and responsibilities in the organisation and operation of the Housekeeping Department.
- To carry out pre-opening and closing checks of the Racecourse as requested, in accordance with agreed policies and ensure safekeeping of all keys entrusted to your possession.
- To comply with all company and statutory health, safety and fire regulations.
- To report any maintenance defects to the Operations Manager and advise when these defects have been corrected.
- To promote excellent communications within the Housekeeping Department and other Departments of Newcastle Racecourse.
- Ensure constant awareness of customers’ needs and requirements in order to assist with any queries they may have.
- Have a good product knowledge of Newcastle Racecourse, its services and facilities.
- Ordering of cleaning materials within the monthly budget.
- Ensure instructions on weekly function sheets are carried out professionally and efficiently.
- To assist in any other areas of Newcastle Racecourse outside the normal routine but within the overall scope of your position.
- To carry out any reasonable request relating to the operation of any part of the business by the Operations Manager or Executive Director of High Gosforth Park.
- To oversee all cleaning in Newcastle Racecourse, Border Minstrel Public House and Parklands Golf Complex.
- To produce a weekly rota for the cleaning operatives in line with the weeks business.