The Groundsperson will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of the Racecourse, Stables, Grounds Gardens and other facilities. About the role You will report to the Estates Manager Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the Racing surface under the guidance of the Clerk of the Course and Estates Manager.
- Watering – to include the maintenance of pumps, abstraction equipment and tow lines for course irrigation.
- Maintenance of lawns and gardens
- Maintenance of Floral displays across the site
- Preparation and presentation of Stables and stable yard for racing and cleaning of thereafter.
- Racecourse buildings – to assist with general maintenance.
- External cleaning – ensure all external areas are free from weeds and rubbish.
- To ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
About you We are looking for somebody who has experience within horticultural and turf aspects with a meticulous eye for detail and good team work ethic.